Prices From £70.00 / Per Night
A large room that is one of our flexible rooms, which can be configured as twin beds or as a double and can also take an extra small bed added for a child. This room features a sandstone fireplace, eighteenth-century window seat, stone mullioned window facing Otley Chevin which benefits from the morning sun. This room has a small but perfectly formed modern en-suite shower room.
We don’t have many rules but, as the house is also our home, the following guidelines help us run our B&B which we trust you will understand and accept as reasonable.
• Deposits: All reservations must be secured by a non-refundable deposit of £20 per room per night, paid at the time of booking. The balance is due on departure (with the exception of Christmas bookings when the balance will be taken at the beginning of November)
• Cancellations: When a reservation is made it means that someone else will be turned away so don’t make the booking if you don’t intend to honour it. If a reservation is cancelled within 5 days of arrival the full balance will be charged. We will try to re-let the room in which case flexibility may be possible. It is advisable to take out holiday insurance to cover such an eventuality.
• Peak Season: Generally no one night bookings are taken on a Friday or Saturday during May, June, July, August, September, Bank Holidays, Christmas and during some Otley events. Please call to check though as on rare occasions we may have availability. No single occupancy reduction is offered over weekends, Bank Holidays, Christmas and New Year.
• Room Requests: Wherever possible we will aim to honour requests for certain rooms but these will only be offered on the understanding that we reserve the right to move guests to an alternative room to accommodate requests for twin rooms, families and longer stays.
• Access: All our bedrooms are on the first floor so, although the stairs are wide and shallow, access may not be suitable for guests with restricted mobility. For further access details please call to discuss.
• Arrival Times: We don’t insist on a fixed window for arrival times and wherever possible aim to be flexible as we can although, unlike a hotel, we don’t have a 24 hour manned reception. This means we are unable to accept arrivals after 8pm without prior arrangement and then only in exceptional or unavoidable circumstances. At the time of your booking we will ask for an estimated time of arrival so we can arrange our day to fit in our other commitments then be back at home to receive you. If your travel plans change please let us know as soon as possible.
• Check Out Times: Guests are asked to vacate their room by 10.30am on the day of departure to allow us to prepare the room for the arriving guests.
• Breakages: We are always sympathetic to genuine accidents but, other than reasonable wear and tear, in the event of breakages and damage occurring guests will be liable for the cost of repair/replacement.
• Smoking: Dowgill House is strictly No Smoking inside the house - if anyone is found to be or have been smoking inside we will charge a minimum of one extra nights stay to cover additional room cleaning.
• Pets: We are sorry but we are unable to accept pets.
Please read our reviews via the following links:
We believe a hearty Yorkshire breakfast to be the most important meal of the day and at Dowgill House it is all freshly prepared and cooked to order for you by Tim & Helen.
Breakfast is served between 8am - 9.15am during the week and at weekends from 8.30am - 9.15am, at individual tables in the interesting period dining room, a relaxed atmosphere creating the perfect start to the day.
If you require breakfast at times slightly earlier than these times please let us know when booking. We can, if given plenty of notice, provide a continental style breakfast cool bag breakfast for your room for those having a particularly early start to their day.
Special dietary requirements are happily catered for but please let us know in advance if you require celiac, lactose intolerant, vegan or vegetarian etc ingredients so we can source our groceries accordingly.