If you haven't heard back from us within 24 hours, please check your junk mail or give us a call
Otley is situated in the agricultural countryside of Lower Wharfedale in a rural triangle between vibrant Leeds, elegant Harrogate
and cosmopolitan Bradford. Leeds Bradford Airport is handily situated ten minutes drive away.
Much of the town centre is eighteenth or nineteenth century and has Conservation Area status, the attractive mix of new and traditional
businesses making for a strong community spirit, good shopping and the many traditional pubs and inns offer good food and traditional beers in
attractive and welcoming premises.
Highly photogenic, the television programmes of Emmerdale (where Otley becomes Hotten),The Chase and Heartbeat have made Otley widely
known. Indeed Dowgill House itself featured on The One Show in 2009 and several of Otley's speciality shops have welcomed the cameras such as Great British Menu, Hairy Bikers and All Over The Shop.
Thomas Chippendale, the world famous furniture maker was born and learnt his craft here.
Always a bustling market town, Otley boasts many regular attractions in addition to the traditional outdoor pursuits that make Wharfedale popular
with anglers (the renowned River Wharfe and Knotford Nook recommended), cyclists (we have secure bike storage) and Walkers are Welcome.
Riverside Park offers beautiful walks, playgrounds and childrens amusements whilst the wooded hillside, rocks and moorland of Chevin Forest Park are
ideal for climbing, horse riding, mountain biking, running and walking. For more details please visit VisitOtley.co.uk
- Market, every Tuesday, Friday and Saturday
- Farmers Market, last Sunday in every month
- Otley Show (agricultural and rural pursuits), May
- Otley Street Festival, May
- Cycle street races, June/July
- Otley Carnival, June
- Otley Food & Drink Festival, July
- Walking Festival, June/July
- Otley Vintage Transport Extravaganza
- Folk Festival, September
- Beer Festival, November
- Otley Science Festival, November
- Victorian Fayre, December
- Otley Christmas Tree Festival, December
- Within a few miles...
- Almscliffe Crag
- Bolton Abbey – historic ruins, The Strid rapids
- Bradford – Alhambra Theatre, National Media Museum (Photography, Film and Television) 0870 7010200, Cartwright Hall and art gallery, Lister Park, 01274 431212
- Embsay - Bolton Abbey Steam Railway 01756 710614
- Grassington – Picturesque Dales village
- Harewood House – Stately home, bird garden 0113 2181010, events, concerts, car rallies
- Harlow Carr
- Harrogate – genteel spa town, Pump Room Museum 01423 556188, International Conference Centre and Betty's Cafe
- Harrogate Showground – events, exhibitions, Great Yorkshire Show (July)
- Haworth – heritage village, home to the Brontë family of authors
- Ilkley - Cow and Calf rocks, Ilkley Literary Festival (October), Betty's Cafe, Alternate Link
- Keighley & Worth Valley Steam Railway 01535 645214
- Leeds – shopping, theatres, culture, museums and sport in a European city, too much to list
- Leeds Bradford Airport
- Ripley Castle
- Ripon Races 01765 530530
- Saltaire village - industrial heritage, Salts Mill gallery (housing David Hockney collection) 01274 531136
- Skipton Web
- Stump Cross Caverns, Grassington 01756 752780
- Wetherby Races 01937 580035
- The Yorkshire Dales